Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The actual Lions - how did I do and thoughts?

Props 2/4 - 2 more Wasps than I'd have taken! They're taking 5, but I was picking a smaller squad remember, so here and on down, I'm marking my inclusions in the squad.
Hookers 2/2 - I guess I'm surprised Rees is the 3rd hooker: Wales's line out wasn't great and that's not always the hooker, but I think it was this year, mostly.
Locks 3/4 - Shaw of Wasps over Gough.
Back row 5/6 - first real shock here, no Ryan Jones!
Half-back and centres, 8/8! - Fitzgerald in the actual squad a bit of a shocker, I think he was rather anonymous throughout the 6N.
Wings 2.5/4 - Although I mentioned Halfpenny I went against him in the end. WTF did Monye come from?
FB 1/2 - I went for Armitage who doesn't even make the squad, over Kearney, who really struggled against a big aggressive back line (Wales for example) and the Bok backs will be small and timid won't they?!

Overall: 23.5/30. 78% - pretty good really. 4 more Wasps than I'd have picked if memory serves!

No comments: